Join us in Iceland!
The Waterbird Society will hold the 2017 Annual Meeting from August 8th – 11th at the University of Iceland in Reykjavik.
Registration is open now and early bird registration will end June 13. Prices are as follows.*
- Member fee: early $425 / standard $506
- Non-member fee: early $479 / standard $560
- Student member fee: early $316 / standard $397
- Emeritus/Retired member: early $316 / standard $397
- Student non-member: early $343 / standard $425
*Prices are based on current currency exchange rate and actual total could vary slightly.
Abstract submissions are open now and will close May 22.
- Click here for Instructions on Submitting Abstracts.
- For questions about abstracts, scientific session or about the meeting, please contact Clay Green (Chair, Scientific Program).
Field trips! Be sure to check out the pre- and post-meeting field trips! Daily morning birding trips will be offered as well as a full day trip on August 12th. For those who would like to spend some additional time in Iceland we have set up pre-meeting and post-meeting tours the days before and after the conference.
Workshop! The Icelandic Institute of Natural History is offering a 5 day course in the program MARK while you are in Iceland for the Waterbird Society Annual Meeting (August 14-18). Please read more about the workshop here.
For questions about the registration, accommodation, tours or field trips, please contact Sigridur Hronn.
We look forward to having you join us in August for a strong scientific program, awesome field trips and amazing scenery!